5 Tips To Help Blunt Hunger
Is hunger getting in the way of dieting success? I breakdown 5 tips to blunt hunger & get you back on the right track…
One obvious and major road block for dieters of all shapes and sizes is hunger and how to manage it, so here are 5 tips to blunt hunger
- Sufficient meal sizes – Seems obvious but the saying ‘eat little and often’ may have a part to play in the small portion sizes we as trainers often see on our clients food diaries. If your struggling to eat bigger meals and keep to your calorie targets bulk meals out with low calorie foods such as vegatables.
- Balanced meals – Eat meals that contain all 3 macronutrients (protein, carbs and fat). This ensure you get the benefit of all satiety hormones keeping hunger in check.
- Keep to regular frequency or slightly higher – Circadian rhythm or your body clock also plays a factor, get into a routine and structure the amount of meals you have per day if that doesn’t work, split your calories into more meals.
- Drink plenty of water – as people often mistake thirst for hunger. Stay hydrated!
- And exercise!! – Studies have shown that exercise can help blunt hunger, though this may not be the case for everyone. Give it a go!
Want to know a little bit more on how you can make your diet work for you? Drop me a line here for a free consultation & talk through making a change to change you!